The 9th Image Guided Therapy Workshop will be held on March 14-15, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, One Bethesda Metro Center, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA. Phone: 1.301.657.1234. Hotel reservation can be made here.
The overall goal of this workshop series is to foster a discourse in translational research in image-guided therapy in the NIH-funded community, and to communicate the availability of NCIGT as a national resource for tools and technologies in the field. Similar to previous workshops in this series, attendees include members of academia, industry, and federal agencies interested in image-guided interventions.
Accepted abstracts will be published in a workshop proceedings and made available publicly on the workshop website.
- Tina Kapur, PhD, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School
- Kristy Brock, PhD, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Kevin Cleary, PhD, Childrens National Health System
- Keyvan Farahani, PhD, National Cancer Institute
- Steven Krosnick, MD, National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering
- Tuesday, January 3, 2017: Abstracts submissions open (Easy Chair Conference Management Website)
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 11pm PST: Abstract submission deadline
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017: Acceptance decisions emailed to authors
- Monday, February 27, 2017: Camera ready copies of the abstracts due on the Easy Chair Conference Management Website.
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017: Final Program published on website
- Tuesday-Wednesday, March 14-15, 2017: Meeting
Through this website you can book and modify your hotel reservation.
To register for the workshop, please click here. Please note, the registration fee of $250 is to be paid by all attendees, including presenters.
Very limited financial support towards the registration fee is available for students/fellows/junior faculty who would otherwise not be able to attend the meeting. After submitting your abstract, please email us to indicate your need this support, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call for Abstracts
Abstract submissions are solicited for the 9th National Image-Guided Therapy workshop, a translational research workshop that brings together NIH funded researchers in areas of image-guided surgery, interventional radiology, adaptive radiation therapy, image-guided drug delivery, image-guided robotics, and imaging informatics. The workshop is a single track meeting that includes oral and poster presentations of refereed abstracts, invited talks, individual interactions with NIH Programs Staff, and industrial exhibits. The 2017 workshop will be held on March 14-15 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Bethesda, MD.
Electronic submissions will be accepted until Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 11pm Pacific Standard Time on the Easy Chair Conference Management Website.
Guidelines for Abstracts
- Abstracts should be 1 page (8.5 inch x 11 inch page, US letter size), submitted in acrobat pdf format, with 1 inch margins, maximum 6 lines per inch (single spaced in software such as MS Word), in size 11 Arial Font. Please click here for the IGT Workshop Abstract Template.
- Abstract submissions should include Title, Author(s), Affiliation(s), and five sections: Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusions, Funding Source(s), identified by bold headers.
- Funding source(s) for the work, if any, must be acknowledged in the abstract.
- Images in abstracts are encouraged.
- Please do not submit material that is not ready for public dissemination, or has been previously published in the form that you submit for this workshop.
- The program committee will review all submissions, and assign acceptances to either poster or oral presentation.
- All abstracts will be published in a workshop proceedings and made available publicly on the workshop website.
Guidelines for Oral Presentations
The speaking time is 10 minutes, and 5 minutes for questions. The talk should cater to non-experts who are interested in learning about the big picture goal of your work (technology-wise, disease-wise) and then into the specifics of the project. Please plan to deliver the presentation using your own laptop computer.
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
The posters should be prepared in an electronic format of the authors’ choice, and presented using individual laptops at the meeting.
Day One - Tuesday, March 14, 2017
|1:00pm-3:30pm||SESSION ONE: Image-Guided Interventions, Surgery, Radiation Therapy|
Session Chairs: Tina Kapur, PhD, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Kevin Cleary, PhD, Children’s National Health System
|1:00-1:25||Image-Guided Interventions in AMIGO |
Clare Tempany, MD, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School
|1:25-1:50||Center for Image Guided Cancer Therapy at MD Anderson|
Kristy Brock, PhD, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Carnegie Center for Surgical Innovation at Johns Hopkins
Jeff Siewerdsen, PhD, Johns Hopkins University
Multimodality Interventions with 3T MRI and BiPlane Angio at UCSF
Steven Hetts, MD, University of California, San Francisco
|2:40-3:05||Image-Guided Head and Neck Cancer Surgery at UCLA|
Maie St. John, MD, PhD
|3:05-3:30||Ergonomic Surgical Goggles for Molecular Fluorescence-Guided Cancer Resection|
Samuel Achilefu, PhD, FRSC, Washington University at St. Louis
|4:00pm-4:30pm||SESSION TWO: Perspectives from NCI, NIBIB|
Session Chairs: Maie St. John, MD, University of California, Los Angeles, Zion Tse, PhD, University of Georgia
|4:00-4:15||Image-Guided Cancer Interventions at the National Cancer Institute|
Keyvan Farahani, PhD, National Cancer Institute
|4:15-4:30||Research Funding Opportunities at the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering|
Steve Krosnick, MD, National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering
|4:30pm-6:00pm||SESSION THREE: Individual Interactions with NIH Programs Staff|
Session Chairs: Maie St. John, MD, University of California, Los Angeles
Zion Tse, PhD, University of Georgia
|NCI: Keyvan Farahani, Pushpa Tandon, Houston Baker|
NIBIB: Steve Krosnick, Randy King, Todd Merchak
(Option) Depart for Dinner (Bangkok Garden Restaurant, Self Pay, $30)
Day Two - Wednesday, March 15, 2017
|8:30am-10:00am||SESSION FOUR: Perspectives from Industry|
|8:30-8:50||Building Value in your Startup|
Neil Glossop, PhD, Medical Device Entrepreneur
|8:50-9:30||Image-Guided Interventions as a Business: Cash Cow or Cooked Goose?|
Greg Sorensen, MD, IMRIS, Inc.
|10:00am-11:00am||SESSION FIVE: Posters & Coffee Break|
|11:00am-12:30pm||SESSION SIX: Novel Techniques for Living Tissue Microscopy and Spectroscopy|
|11:00am-11:25am||Peri-operative Confocal Imaging-guided Treatment of Basal Cell Carcinomas - for Mohs Surgery, Laser Ablation|
Milind Rajadhyaksha, PhD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
|11:25am-11:50am||Multimodality Molecular Imaging of Surgical Tissue for Breast Cancer Margin Assessment|
Nathalie Agar, PhD, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School
|1:00pm-3:00pm||SESSION SEVEN: |
|3:00pm-5:00pm||SESSION EIGHT: |
|Image-Guided Brain Tumor Resection |
Alexandra Golby, MD, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School